Who is Crossover?
Crossover connects talent from around the world with companies who are looking to hire only the best. We have more than 1850+ people from 98 different countries working full time (40 hrs / wk) for our customers and we are growing quickly.
We are also a mission-driven company. In other words, we believe in providing high-paying people, long-term jobs / careers. We are not a marketplace in which we are looking for someone at the bottom rate for temporary work.
Finding reliable, fairly compensated freelance or contract work can be a challenge. And sifting through sites with rock-bottom rates is discouraging.
You're worth more than that. At Crossover, we understand that you're looking for long-term contracts and competitive compensation. And that's just what we have to offer, and we are looking for a more comprehensive and more flexible approach.
All of our jobs are rental-independent, designed to be multi-year in duration, and offer high rates by US standards. We match talented people with great companies for long-term, remote working relationships that are a win-win for everyone.
We're running an Online Hiring Event this Saturday to hire Ruby on Rails Software Engineering Managers ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
The Software Engineering Manager will serve as a key member of the global executive team for Aurea, or one of its affiliated sister companies, and will be responsible for quarterly high-quality product delivery.
As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to run an engineering organization using revolutionary and radically differentiated processes. With a focus on high-performing globally distributed teams, productivity, factory-like processes, and generating quantifiable business impact, you will be expected to drive higher levels of value and productivity than most companies would ever expect to achieve.
You must build, develop and engage a team of engineers from a global talent pool and lead them to effectively and efficiently solve challenging software problems. You must continually assess and maintain the quality of your talent base.
You will be required to leverage your personal technical depth as a former developer and architect to set a new personal standard for software engineering excellence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or PhD preferred) is absolutely mandatory.
- 10+ years of engineering experience leading multiple teams across multiple products and technologies — this is a global leadership role for a seasoned software development leader, not a first executive role for a great software development manager
- Proven managerial skills with at least 3 years of experience managing teams of at least 10 heads
- At least 5 years of experience working in Cloud, Agile, CI/CD, DevOps environments. We live in the Cloud.
- Experience is Software Engineering focused instead of product management
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, code quality automation technologies
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity
- Proficiency in Test Automation, AWS and TDD is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in English language
Join our community of remote professionals!