Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Everyday our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some See Technology. We See a Way to Make Connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener and more connected. Today there are more than 180,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
The Legal Director, North Africa, requires a strong subject matter expert in employment law (both individual and collective) to be responsible for providing effective legal advice and support on employment and other relevant legal issues to HR and managers of all business units and functions across North Africa (Morocco & Tunisia
• Managing all of Aptiv’s legal matters in Morocco and Tunisia including employment, litigation, corporate, compliance, commercial and real estate matters
• Acting as a business partner for Aptiv’s human resources, commercial and corporate teams
• Managing external counsel on a cost-effective basis
• Training on legal and compliance topics
• Areas to cover include day to day employment law queries, country escalations, North African-wide queries such as reorganizations, mergers & acquisitions, compensation and benefits, employment litigation, recruiting, employee complaints, employment aspects in customer transactions (in-sourcing) and on employee representation matters
• Defines and implements policies and procedures as well as other proactive and strategic items for North African employment function, own team and / or legal department
• Builds external alliances with partners, customers and industry experts to gain and share information and industry trends
• Initiates and provides thought leadership for new or revised departmental procedures, programs and initiatives
• Impressive academic credentials
• Must be admitted to practice law in Morocco and be experienced in legal matters in Morocco
• Significant experience (7+ years) at a major law firm and in-house; experience addressing legal issues from the perspective of a global company strongly preferred
• Experience handling employment matters is essential
• Experience addressing legal issues and supporting business functions across multiple jurisdictions
• Flexibility, resourcefulness, adaptability - comfortable working in a fluid environment and eager to delve into new areas as needed, and undertake projects in diverse fields
• Analytical with strong problem-solving skills – must be detail oriented but not lose sight of the bigger picture
• Excellent communication, drafting and negotiating skills
• Fluent in English, French and Arabic