Filiale du Groupe Maersk, APM Terminals est opérateur leader du domaine portuaire, spécialisé dans la gestion des terminaux à conteneurs.
Riche de plus de 100 ans d’histoire, Maersk met son expertise et savoir-faire au service de ses clients pour connecter et simplifier la chaîne logistique.
APM Terminals Tangier est situé à Tanger Med I et a démarré son activité en 2007. Le terminal a aujourd’hui dépassé sa capacité nominale et peut compter sur les compétences de ses collaborateurs pour participer au rayonnement du complexe portuaire Tanger-Med. Détenteur de plusieurs reconnaissances et certificats nationaux et internationaux, le terminal est décidemment tourné vers l’amélioration continue et le développement de son capital humain.
Nous rejoindre, c’est faire partie d’une industrie exceptionnelle et une équipe passionnée, talentueuse et tournée vers l’excellence !
Pour plus d'informations, consultez notre portail : https://apmterminals.rekrute.com/
In this role, you will provide day-to-day leadership of the shift operations (vessel, yard and gate) to achieve the targeted volume and productivity objectives agreed with customer while maintaining a safe working environment.
Your key responsibilities will be as the following:
• Ensure that all personnel within the shift work efficiently to meet Terminal goals, including the subcontractors and serve as primary informational contact for all members of the organization during vessel port call.
• Coordinate and monitor terminal planning and operations to ensure vessels meet sailing or berthing deadlines and ensure proactive action on any foreseen issues.
• Liaise with Maintenance & Repair department shift management to maximize equipment availability and effectiveness.
• ls responsible for efficient allocation of all shift operational staff and the cost-effective utilization of equipment resources to match the operational requirements of the terminal.
• Ensure that recognized safe working practices are utilized for all terminal operations and maintain effective implementation of safety policies and procedures.
• Provide first line of response for emergency situations and damage assessments.
• Provide terminal presence by maintaining significant visibility checks all quay side and yard activities continuously throughout shift and prepare operational reports as required by management.
• Build a strong team by leading, coaching, mentoring & supporting all direct reports.
• Create an environment that is supportive of learning and developing team’s capabilities.
• Drive, recognize and reward team’s performance, providing them with guidance for further improvement.
This role requires someone who has a strong leadership skill with the proven ability to achieve results through others. You will need to have excellent communication skills at all levels and strong stakeholder’s management combined with effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills. An exceptional customer-oriented mindset with the ability to continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction is a must.
Requires strong leadership skills with a proven track of leading very large teams. Able to empower others to take action. Develops and inspires others to accomplish set goals & encourages high standards of performance. Commands attention and leads by personal example.
• Requires minimum a university degree in logistics, Port operations management or business administration or any similar field.
• Require at least 7 years or more of experience in container terminal operations environment, or similar, related industry. Previous experience at a middle management position would be expected as a natural progression to this position.
• Require an in-depth, comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations namely vessel, yard, gate & planning.
• Is thorough familiar with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
• Is conversant with the International Maritime Organization (IMO) regulations for the on-board segregation of hazardous cargoes and storage within a terminal area.
• Advanced computer skills with a sound understanding of modern terminal planning and control systems and Terminal Operating System.
• Ability to work under pressure, anticipates potential problems and diagnoses, evaluate and resolve logistical problems as they happen in order to meet operational performance objectives and deadlines.
• Is creative and communicates new insight and ideas…thinks out of the box.
• Requires advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English.
• Strong project management skills, capable of handling multiple mission-critical projects simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a shift system covering day, night, weekend and holiday duty and if required working overtime.