Who is Crossover?
Crossover connects talent from around the globe with companies who are looking to hire only the best. We have more than 1850+ people from 98 different countries working full time (40 hrs/wk) for our clients and we are growing quickly as we have more customer demand than we can find good people.
We are also a mission-driven company. In other words, we believe in providing people with high-paying, long-term jobs/careers. We are not a marketplace in which companies are trying to hire someone at bottom basement rates for temporary work.
Finding reliable, fairly compensated freelance or contract work can be a challenge. And sifting through sites filled with short-term gigs listed at rock-bottom rates is discouraging.
You’re worth more than that. At Crossover, we understand that you’re looking for long-term contracts and competitive compensation. And that’s just what we offer to candidates who have the skills and experience to stand out and the willingness to complete our rigorous evaluation process.
All of our jobs are location-independent, intended to be multi-year in duration, and offer high rates by U.S. standards. We match talented people with great companies for long-term, remote working relationships that are a win-win for everyone.
We're running an Online Hiring Event this Saturday, to hire PHP Software Architects ($60K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a PHP software architect, you can expect to be a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as the maintenance team.
Our maintenance team is responsible for bug fixing across our 100+ product portfolio. The maintenance team has an element of product specialization but they are also process specialists. We want to ensure that our engineers have all the right information and toolsets available to be able to quickly reproduce a client’s environment, reproduce a bug, fix it, test it, document the fix and send for review. We have weekly product release cycles so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that we are constantly improving the quality of our products.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive daily and weekly feedback about your performance. The regular feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer using PHP
- 4+ years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience leading or mentoring junior developers
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- Experienced using Jira and Git
Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
• General database knowledge in a technology such as SQL Server / Oracle / MySQL / MongoDB / Cassandra
• SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
• Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
- Good proficiency in the English language
- PHP 7+
- Laravel 5.6+
- MySQL 5.6+
- Any IDE
- Any MySQL client
Join our community of remote professionals!